Until June of 2017, Google Posts via Google My Business, only allowed a small number of organizations and individuals to post updates about their activities right to Google’s search results to drive traffic to their sites. But now, Google My Business is bringing Google Posts to all local businesses, offering a new way to attract new customers just by creating posts from the Google My Business dashboard.
Google Posts Advantages
The ability to add posts with a call to action to your Google My Business is an advantage for the following reasons:
- Share specials and available promotions that attract new and encourage existing customers to take advantage of your offers.
- Promote an event and provide registration about this
- Google Posts can link directly to Call To Actions. You could link to a web form for an event registration, a form for newsletter subscription, a direct link to make a reservation or even a link to buy a specific product and get more participation to your major goal.
- Showcase your featured products and highlight new products or services.
Create a Google Post (Desktop)
- Sign in to Google My Business. If you have two or more locations, click Manage location for the location you’d like to manage.
- Click Create post. Or click Posts from the menu.
- The “Create post” screen will appear. Here, you’ll see options to add photos, text, events, and a button to your post. Just click each field, and enter the relevant information.
- Once you’ve created your post, click Preview to see a preview. If it looks good, click Publish in the top right corner of the screen.
Create a Google Post (Mobile)
- Open the Google My Business app. (Google Play or App Store)
- In the bottom right corner of the screen, tap the create icon. Then tap the posts icon that appears.
- The “Create post” screen will appear. Here, you’ll see options to add photos, text, events, and a button to your post. Just tap each field, and enter the relevant information.
- Once you’ve filled out your information, you’ll see a preview of your post. If it looks good, tap Publish in the top right corner of the screen.
Google Posts means for verified Google My Business organization that they’re one step closer to having custom content of their own posted directly to Google search results.